22 August 2022 - 24 August 2022
8:00 am - 11:30 am
The industry leading Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) course, delivered by Stuart Turner.
Agility isn’t just something you know, or only something you can do. Agility is Holistic. It’s what you become, as the Agile Manifesto states, ‘by doing it and helping others do it’. It’s ongoing; a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to seek continual improvement.
The basic theory stuff was excellent, but what really stood out as the practical understanding of what it takes to embed these principles in an organisation. Answered questions brilliantly, truly inspirational and I’ve already taken learnings forward to help improve my team.
Starting with the CSM® certification from Scrum Alliance® is a great starting point that allows you to pursue the guided journey through Advanced and Professional level credentials and on to guide level status as a coach and/or educator.
Stuart Turner is the originator of the unique, fun and highly informative (and much copied) Scrum simulation using balloons. Still the only course that uses a full simulation for the entire first session, intentionally giving everyone a fidelitous experience of using Scrum and a shared context on which to build. The ordering of events in the course is deliberate, knowing experiential learning permits the deeper lessons and discoveries of the remainder of the course to be better understood, integrated and retained.
As we build the product we experience using the Scrum framework to discover more about our product and how we’re working using the principles of transparency and inspection. Based on what we discover we’ll adapt our product and working practices in the pursuit of improving outcomes.
Through the CSM programme, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Appreciate resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organisation.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Most importantly, you will be able to improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and help keep your team on the right track.
A focus on implementation – The CSM programme is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.