6 February 2023 - 8 February 2023
8:00 am - 11:30 am London (UK)
The industry leading Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) course, delivered by Stuart Turner.
Agility isn’t just something you know, or only something you can do. Agility is Holistic. It’s what you become, as the Agile Manifesto states, ‘by doing it and helping others do it’. It’s ongoing; a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to seek continual improvement.
The basic theory stuff was excellent, but what really stood out as the practical understanding of what it takes to embed these principles in an organisation. Answered questions brilliantly, truly inspirational and I’ve already taken learnings forward to help improve my team.
Starting with the CSPO® certification from Scrum Alliance® is a great starting point that allows you to pursue the guided journey through Advanced and Professional level credentials.
Stuart Turner is the originator of the unique, fun and highly informative (and much copied) Scrum simulation using balloons. Still the only course that uses a full simulation for the entire first session, intentionally giving everyone a fidelitous experience of using Scrum and a shared context on which to build. The ordering of events in the course is deliberate, knowing experiential learning permits the deeper lessons and discoveries of the remainder of the course to be better understood, integrated and retained.
As we build the product we experience using the Scrum framework to discover more about our product and how we’re working using the principles of transparency and inspection. Based on what we discover we’ll adapt our product and working practices in the pursuit of improving outcomes.
Through the CSPO programme, you’ll learn to:
- Prioritise multiple business initiatives from competing stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Define and communicate clear product goals that help everyone focus on optimising outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Build better products that delight customers.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to ensure coherence.
- Identify the crucial opportunities your team and business need to deliver now and minimise low-value busyness.
- Provide greater business value with effectiveness teamwork and adherence to Scrum values and Agile principles.
- Define and validate business value.
- Evoke stakeholder engagement through effective, focused meetings that build trust in your decisions and judgment.
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results.
Most importantly, you will be able to improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and help keep your team on the right track.
A focus on implementation – The CSPO programme is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.