The industry leading Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) course, delivered by Stuart Turner.
Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Starting with the CSM® certification from Scrum Alliance® is a great starting point that allows you to pursue the guided journey through Advanced and Professional level credentials and on to guide level status as a coach and/or educator.
Stuart Turner is the originator of the unique, fun and highly informative (and much copied) Scrum simulation using balloons. One of very few courses that uses a simulation early on the first day, intentionally giving everyone a fidelitous experience of using Scrum and a shared context on which to build. The ordering of events in the course in deliberate, knowing experiential learning permits the deeper lessons and discoveries of the remainder of the course to be better understood, integrated and retained.
As we build the product we experience using the Scrum framework to discover more about our product and how we’re working using the principles of transparency and inspection. Based on what we discover we’ll adapt our product and working practices in the pursuit of improving outcomes.
Through the CSM programme, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Most importantly, you will be able to improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and help keep your team on the right track.
What are some other benefits of becoming a Certified ScrumMaster®?
A focus on implementation – The CSM programme is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.
Stand out in your industry – As a member of the Scrum Alliance globally recognized community, you show your employer (or potential employer) your potential as a highly valued professional.
What you can expect from our Live Online Training:
We use Zoom to host live video calls where all participants can interact. We use breakout rooms so many of the activities can be performed in smaller groups. We use an online whiteboard for course activities. Stuart Turner has produced products for over 30 years, using agile approaches from the start. You will receive a pdf copy of the course reference material.
Attending an online course is simple – all you need is a PC / Laptop with audio, video and microphone functionality, and of course a fast and secure internet connection.